Love the Helmet  

Posted by Sheila Schroyer

Every year, our staff is blessed to spend an entire week away from the office - relaxing and learning how to 'sabbath.' It is not as easy as it sounds. This year, we went to east Texas and spent a few days in and among the pine trees. The mornings were cool. The sun sparkled off the lake at our retreat site. Worship was intense and deeply moving.

Some of us spent time playing flag football. Some read. Some played their guitars among the trees. Some watched movies. Some of us went horseback riding.

I got 'Marge.' And no, she doesn't have a big blue beehive of a hairdo nor is she married to Homer. She did, however, have spunk. She wanted to pressure me into who was boss, but I showed her. Well, I tried to anyway. I sure would love to spend more time riding horses. It's been years since I had gotten in the saddle. I hope it's not years before I do it again. Thanks to my friend Denise, here are a few photos of my favorite part - the helmet!

P.S. I really am a dork in real life!

This entry was posted on 5:34 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments